Earning Young Cultivator Merit Badges
3. All Dried Up
- With the chef of your family, go into your kitchen cupboards to learn about the herbs he or she uses. Taste them to see which ones you like and dislike.
- Ask your parents for permission to cut some fresh herbs from the garden or to buy some fresh herbs of your choosing. Try them. Do your likes and dislikes change when the herbs are fresh?
- Hang your herbs up to dry.
- Assist the chef of the family in preparing a dish that uses your favorite herb.
- You can also package your dried herbs and give them away as gifts.
January, 2010 Edition