Earning Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badges
10. Path to Zero Waste
- Perform a waste audit to identify the areas of your life where you produce more waste.
- Name three significant things you learned about your habits in your waste audit.
- Share something you learned that surprised you the most.
- Think of small, yet meaningful, ways you can reduce your waste and implement them into your daily routine. For example, instead of throwing away kitchen scraps, re-grow veggies, and think of ways to reuse or repurpose things that would otherwise be disposed of.
- Research how to compost, and why it's an easy and substantial way to reduce waste.* Is composting something you could easily fit into your lifestyle? If you lack outside space, see if there is a community compost in your area. Research ways to keep your compost from smelling and how to use your compost.
*For a complete immersion into composting, see the Gaining Ground Merit Badge in Garden Gate.
January, 2021 Edition