Earning Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badges
- Research birds native to your area.
- Make a bird “wish list” of birds you’d like to observe in the wild.
- Build a bird house, bath, or feeder for your yard or garden.
- Watch and identify the kind of birds it attracts, recording your observations. Observe the type of bird, the time of year, time of day, and the bird’s behavior.
- Go on a bird watching expedition.
- Identify at least 10 different species of birds and record your observations.
- If you are able, try to photograph each one.
January, 2012 Edition