Earning Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badges
Make it Easy
17. Through the Looking Glass
- Research the history and use of stained glass. Where did it originate? What part of the world claims this art as their invention?
- Find out who the most famous stained-glass artists are, both living and dead. Whom is your favorite, and why?
- Take a walk around your town or neighborhood. Using your camera, take snapshots of each stained-glass window you find.
- Find out if there are any classes in your area on how to make stained-glass art. Check your local community college, parks and rec classes, or community education. Sign up when you find one, but if you can't, see if you can find an online tutorial or course.
- See where the nearest exhibit of stained-glass art is. A museum? Do you have a wonderful church that would give you a tour? Scour flea markets and antique fairs for pieces to begin collecting.
- Make your own stained glass. It can be as small as a Christmas ornament or a sun catcher, or as large as an actual window. Document the process and share on the Farmgirl Connection chatroom. And make one more for a gift.
- Teach a friend what you've learned.
- If you've found—or made—your own piece of stained-glass art, find the best place to display it.
January, 2018 Edition