Earning Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badges
1. Going Green
- Get rid of all cleaners in your house that are not “green.” Make sure to check your laundry detergent, bathroom, and kitchen cleaners.
- Write a mission statement for your house pledging to only use green cleaners in the future
- Keep a thrifty, nifty and green journal of recycle and green living ideas, recipes, plans and projects and share it with someone who wants to change their habits or share it with your Farmgirl Chapter if you are a member of one.
- If your household is already “green,” make a gift basket full of green products for a friend or to give away as a housewarming gift.
- Make your own laundry detergent.
- Make your own soap.
- Make your own all purpose cleaners, window cleaner, floor cleaner.
- If you already make these items, create a gift basket for a friend or neighbor and include your recipes so they can replicate your green cleaning products.
- Get your house totally organized around "green."
- Install and use a clothesline for all drying. If not permitted, use an indoor drying rack instead of the dryer.
- Use non-toxic paint when repainting the interior of your house.
- Get carpets sealed against out-gassing or remove carpets from house.
- Donate six hours of your time to a girlfriend whose house needs "greening up."
- Turn your books having to do with a hopeful future into a lending library with a check-out system. Give the list to friends and neighbors and invite them to visit.
January, 2015 Edition