Earning Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badges
7. My Fair Farmgirl
- Research the difference between cruelty-free and organic health and beauty products versus commercially made.
- Over time, as you run out of each product, replace it with a healthy, preferably organic version. Examples: toothpaste, shampoo, body lotion.
- Make one simple product like lip balm, deodorant, or scented bath salts. Stay away from synthetic ingredients, using only natural ingredients.
- Continue to replace the health and beauty products that you use regularly with healthy, natural products.
- Try your hand at making cold or hot-process soap or a different version of lip balm, deodorant, or bath salts from the beginner level. Again, use only non-synthetic, natural ingredients.
- Now try making your own shampoo, body lotion, or body butter, or another similar item that uses a more complicated recipe than you used in the beginner or intermediate levels.
- Continue to replace the health and beauty products that you use regularly until all the products you use are healthy, natural choices.
- Create a gift basket for a friend with homemade health and beauty products and get her hooked also!
February, 2014 Edition