Earning Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badges
25. Bibliophile Badging
- If you don't have one already, sign up for a library card. Utilize your card and find out all the things you can do with it. Inter-library loans, study rooms, book signings, audio books, book clubs, and even free community classes are just some of things libraries offer.
- Start your TBR pile. (That's "to be read" if you're a newbie bookworm.) Take a picture of your pile and share it on social media or the Farmgirl Connection chatroom.
- Challenge your fellow bibliophiles to a reading contest/challenge. Gather a bag of small prizes for the winner like coffee cards, bookmarks, fancy pens, cookies.
- Join (or start) a book club. If this isn't available in your area, or you live too remotely to meet regularly, convene with your Farmgirl Sisters via our Facebook group (Facebook.com/groups/FarmgirlBookClub) and talk about what you're reading, where you'll also find special events, giveaways, and live chats with authors.
- Keep your TBR pile stacked high! Once your two books from the Beginner Level have been completed, you're ready for the Expert Level.
- Crown your book club winner from the book reading challenge with a small party. Invite everyone to bring a copy of their favorite book for a swap. Consider having everyone dress in costume (book themed, of course), or serve food inspired by famous novels.
- Now that you've found your favorite author or genre, start collecting and organizing your shelves.
- Build or buy your own Little Free Library. Made to hold 10-20 books, it can be placed in your yard (or a friend's) and filled with books, and is a true testament to your bibliophile status.
January, 2018 Edition