Earning Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badges
9. Farmgirl Gratitude
- Write a gratitude journal every day for a month. Don’t repeat the same gratitude more than once to qualify for this merit badge.
- Read, The Book Of Awesome by Neil Pasricha, one entry, once a day, to help you appreciate the simple things. (The book required for this badge is available on loan from MaryJanesFarm; contact email@example.com.)
- Express your gratitude in a letter to those in the service industry in your town:
- Hospital staff
- Local government
- Local military
- Write a letter to the editor of your local newspaper encouraging other citizens of your community to express their appreciation to those in the service industries.
- Continue to read, The Book Of Awesome, one entry per day.
- Continue to express your appreciation and gratitude, but this time on a national level. Write to a large newspaper or set up an open letter on a blog site and spread the word.
- Write 40 letters over the course of the next three months to those you appreciate most.
- If you have not yet finished the reading, complete The Book Of Awesome.
August, 2011 Edition