Earning Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badges
15. I Should Have Been in the Movies
- Either by choosing a new badge that you want to apply for, or by choosing a previous badge that you have been awarded, write down all the steps you took to receive the badge. Gather all the needed materials and place on a table for easy access.
- Sit in front of a mirror and rehearse teaching the steps that a sister would need to take to achieve this badge. Repeat your rehearsals until you feel confident in the process.
- If this is a new badge, you will want to go over all the required steps for that badge until you feel confident in that process as well.
- Write down your experiences in a journal — why you chose this badge and what you learned by watching yourself.
- With materials in hand, get a live audience to practice with. This audience can consist of friends, family, kids, co-workers, or your local Farmgirl Chapter. Once they have seen your presentation, ask them for some constructive criticism. Practice in front of them a couple of times until all the kinks are worked out.
- Write down any feedback you receive in your journal.
- Now it’s time to get those cameras rolling. Either film yourself or have someone assist you in filming your rehearsed presentation about earning a merit badge.
- Once you have finished filming, send your video to us on a DVD as a .mpeg file (we cannot return the DVD, so be sure to make a copy for yourself as well). Sending in your video gives us permission to use it on our MaryJanesFarm.tv website. Send to: MaryJanesFarm/Merit Badge Video, Box 8691, Moscow, ID 83843. Include your e-mail address and the title of the badge you filmed. (Note: If this is a new merit badge, you will still need to apply online for the badge.)
July, 2010 Edition