Earning Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badges
6. Little Squirts
- In honor of MaryJane’s father, no farmgirl should abide a squeaky door. Walk around your house and give each door and hinge a good oiling.
- Oil the chains to any bikes your family owns.
- Make sure all metal garden tools have been oiled before being stored for the winter or off-season.
- Sometimes a door squeaks even after it has been oiled, so with a screwdriver, sandpaper and a level, fix any stubborn doors you might have so all your doors swing freely and close easily. Make sure all locks are in good working order.
- Set up a bike repair day in your neighborhood and show the neighborhood kids how to properly oil and maintain their bikes and tricycles.
January, 2008 Edition