Earning Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badges
30. Lost Art of Letter Writing
- Create a letter writing box/station with envelopes, stationary, cards, stamps, favorite pen, and address book. You could add a candle or CD to help create a mood.
- If you already have everything gathered, create a letter-writing box for a friend.
- Read a book on letter writing. Some good options are The Art of the Personal Letter by Margaret Shepherd, 100 Letters that Changed the World by Colin Salter, If You Find This Letter by Hannah Brencher, or A Simple Act of Gratitude: How Learning to Say Thank You Changed My Life by John Kralik.
- Send three cards/letters to friends, relatives, or acquaintances who could use a pick-me-up.
- Find a pen pal (domestic or international) and exchange at least five letters with them. Share about your experience and how exchanging letters with a pen pal made you feel under the Merit Badge Chit Chat topic on the Farmgirl Connection chatroom
- Participate in two Farmgirl Mail Art swaps.
January, 2023 Edition