Earning Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badges
4. BakeOver MakeOver
- Explore some of the BakeOver recipes found in MaryJane’s Ideabook and in her magazines. This is a good way to incorporate more vegetables in your diet and avoid the middle section of the grocery store, where all the denatured, processed foods are found. (The book required for this badge is available on loan from MaryJanesFarm; contact firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- Host a BakeOver taste test. Have your fellow farmgirls or neighbors or family create BakeOvers together and turn it into an evening to explore new recipes and try new vegetables like sunchokes or jicama.
- Create two additional new BakeOver recipes and bring them to your next Farmgirl Chapter meeting or present them online in the Farmgirl Connection chatroom along with take-home recipe “cards.” Use local or homegrown vegetables.
- Create one new recipe in the categories below for a:
- Breakfast BakeOver
- Lunch BakeOver
- Dinner BakeOver
- Dessert BakeOver
- Share your four new tried-and-true recipes online in the Farmgirl Connection chatroom, with your Farmgirl Chapter if you are a member of one, on your blog, at your next family reunion, or the next potluck you attend.
January, 2008 Edition