Earning Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badges
- Start out by making yogurt and or/buttermilk. Learn about proper milk handling, good aseptic technique with the starter, and proper temperature control.
- Learn about rennet and how to use it.
- Make your first cheese. Start with a simple hard cheese.
- Expand your cheese-making knowledge by making four different types of cheeses. Examples: Labneh, Neufchatel, Mozzarella, Blue Cheese, Gouda.
- If you’re adventurous, try smoking your cheese.
January, 2013 Edition