Earning Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badges
17. The Good, Bad, and Ugly ... Bugs
- Identify at least 4 different beneficial bugs that live in your garden.
- Identify at least 4 different harmful bugs that live in your garden.
- Research different methods of organic pest control, along with different plants to grow that attract beneficial insects to your garden.
- Take your knowledge to the garden! Diagnose a problem in your garden and come up with 2 different solutions to your problem and act on at least 1 of those solutions. Take notes of this process for future reference.
- Make your garden more attractive to beneficial insects. Survey your garden at the beginning of the season and log how many beneficial insects can be found. After 2 months of upgrading your garden’s hospitality to good bugs, check to see if the population has increased.
January, 2017 Edition