Earning Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badges
- What is permaculture?
- What is a closed-loop system?
- How can instituting permaculture practices be beneficial to your home garden?
- Research common permaculture methods, such as lasagna gardening, Hügelkultur, and rotational grazing.
- What do guilds in permaculture refer to? Why are they important?
- Where can you apply some of the ideas and techniques you've researched in your home garden or yard?
- Now that you've identified an area where you can institute some permaculture practices, develop a plan and go for it!
- How did it turn out? What did you learn in the process?
- Look to apply what you've learned about permaculture to a larger scale by researching the landscaping practices in your town or city. Is there a public space that could benefit from employing permaculture practices?
- If there is a public space you think would benefit from permaculture practices, get involved! Go to city council meetings and lobby for it to happen at the public space you've identified.
- If you're unable to identify a nearby public space that would benefit, do you have a neighbor you can share what you've learned with and help them set up some practices that would benefit their landscape?
January, 2022 Edition