Earning Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badges
- Learn about our atmosphere and how it contributes to weather conditions.
- Learn about atmospheric pressure and the difference between a high and low pressure system.
- What is a barometer? How is wind formed? Research air masses and fronts and how they contribute to weather formation.
- Learn about clouds and how they are formed.
- There are many ways that clouds are classified. Learn the different methods of classification and start classifying the clouds you see day to day.
- Predict what kind of weather you can expect, using your newfound knowledge about cloud formations.
- Keep a detailed chart of the weather in your area for one month. Include information about temperature, moisture, wind, clouds, and other conditions, and note changes throughout the day.
January, 2013 Edition