Earning Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badges
Make it Easy
16. Jewelry Making
- Go through your personal jewelry collection, taking note of your own personal style. Which styles look like you could replicate them?
- Begin collecting the supplies needed to begin jewelry making. Ideas include wire, string, beads, charms, needle-nosed pliers, magnifying glass, wire cutters, eye pins, headpins, crimp beads, lobster claw or toggle clasps, rings, fishhooks, chains, cords.
- Organize your supplies. You can buy a plastic container made especially for jewelry-making supplies, or you can use a makeup organizer, a fishing-tackle box, or small Mason jars or empty baby food containers.
- Sign up for a jewelry-making class or ask a friend who makes jewelry to teach you. If a class is not available in your area and you don't know any craftsmen or women, look for tutorials on YouTube or Pinterest.
- Make one item of jewelry that is beaded and one that is spiral wired.
- Make one item of the following: earrings, bracelet, necklace, keychain, or ring.
- Make a matching set to give as a gift. Make another to sell. Use the profits to refill your jewelry making supplies.
January, 2018 Edition