Earning Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badges
Make It Easy
- If you don't know how to macrame, learn! Choose a simple project to start, such as macrame feathers, a plant hanger, or a keychain.
- Research the different types of rope and cording and choose the best type for your beginner project.
- Research the knots you'll need to use for your project and learn how to tie each.
- Finish your project. There is a three-hour minimum time investment required.
- If you already know how to macrame, teach someone else how to make a simple project.
- Research commonly used knots that you didn't learn in your beginner project. Some examples are the lark's-head knot, half-hitch knot, right and left half-square knots, square knot, and gathering knot. Learn how to tie each.
- Start and finish an intermediate macrame project, such as a small wall hanging, fruit hammock, coasters, or some simple jewelry.
- A 10-hour time investment is required.
- Start and finish a project of expert level, such as an embellished or intricately patterned wall hanging, set of tote bags, or for the ambitious expert, a hammock or outdoor chair.
- A 25-hour time investment is required.
January, 2021 Edition