Earning Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badges
Make It Easy
- It is well known that stress plays a big factor in a variety of important areas of human health. Research the benefits of regular relaxation in stress management, anxiety, overall physical health, happiness, and depression prevention.
- Take 5 minutes out of your day to breathe deeply, clear your mind, and relax your body.
- Discover what calms you. Take 10 to 15 minutes out of every day to take a walk, listen to music, daydream, or anything that helps you melt stress away. Don’t multitask while doing this; focus completely on your relaxation.
- Do this every day for two weeks.
- Take a yoga class, dance class, art class, or any type of class that you enjoy and that is a creative outlet. Don’t be afraid to try something new, and enjoy the experience.
- Continue to do your relaxation exercise 10 to 15 minutes a day, every day. Keep a diary/journal for at least a month of the exercises you implement and how they benefit you.
January, 2013 Edition