Earning Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badges
- How are you with your knowledge of geography? Search thrift shops, yard sales, and craigslist for a globe if you don't have one already.
- Learn some basics: continents, capitals, oceans. If you already know those, stretch yourself by adding in more obscure geographical facts.
- Learn about the history of cartography.
- Penpals aren't just for kids. Take advantage of social networking and try to make at least one new relationship in the world that is not geographically close to you.
- Plan an overseas vacation (don't worry, you don't have to actually go to earn your badge). Map out where you'd stay, what you'd like to see, how you'd get there. Research options like hostels, camping options, monasteries, Airbnbs, home swaps, etc.
- Now that you've found your favorite place on the globe, tell us about it either via the Farmgirl Connection chatroom or in person with a friend. Bump up your knowledge to be an expert in your field. If the travel bug seems overwhelming or just hasn't bit you, become an expert in your own hometown.
- Learn about your ancestry and where your ancestors came from. Consider joining a site like Ancestry.com to make your journey a bit easier. Make sure you share the knowledge you gleaned with all the members of your family.
January, 2018 Edition