Earning Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badges
1. “Out There” Women
- Make your own survival pack in a small bag to take with you on day-hikes. Include:
- Matches in a waterproof container
- Unbreakable mirror or something shiny to signal rescuers
- High energy bar or candy
- Rainproof poncho and space blanket
- First Aid supplies
- reflective nylon cord
- Identify 10 native plants and their properties as food, medicine or poison.
- Make your own trail mix and/or pemmican using the recipe in MaryJane’s Ideabook. (The book required for this badge is available on loan from MaryJanesFarm; contact firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- Cook a full meal: appetizer, main course, and dessert, over just a campfire.
- Build your own wall tent or buy a vintage camp trailer.
- Learn to catch and then cook the catch of the day.
January, 2008 Edition