Earning Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badges
13. Pampered Pets
- Make a commitment to your pets and livestock to find a veterinarian in your area that practices holistic and natural veterinary care.
- Check out the labels and ingredients of your pet foods. How much is GMO corn, soy, animal products, and wheat-based? Consider changing, especially if your pooch or kitty has joint problems.
- Stop using toxic pet-care products and find natural alternatives, such as DIY dog shampoo, organic food, homemade tick and flea repellants, and sustainable toys and bedding. Share your favorite finds with your pet-loving friends.
- Always keep your pets spayed and neutered, or breed responsibly.
- Volunteer at your local humane shelter, equine therapy ranch, or other animal-care facility. Spend 10 hours volunteering.
Complete Canine Good Citizen training with your dog, and consider continuing his training to be a therapy dog.
January, 2015 Edition