Earning Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badges
Stitching & Crafting
- If you don’t know how to crochet, learn. MaryJane has excellent instructions in her Stitching Room book. (The book required for this badge is available on loan from MaryJanesFarm; contact email@example.com.)
- If you are just learning how to crochet, start with a simple straight scarf. If you already know how to crochet, pick a simple project like a rag rug or dishcloth. Finish your crochet project. There is a three-hour minimum time investment required.
- If you already know how to crochet, teach someone else how to crochet a simple project.
- Continue on your crochet journey, but step up the pace by picking a harder project this time. Learn how to do some new moves with that hook.
- Start and finish a new crochet project of intermediate status like a granny square afghan. There is a 20-hour minimum time investment required.
- Crochet in the company of a friend for a total of five hours.
- You are ready to be called a crochet doyenne now! Learn three more hook maneuvers to add jazz to your projects.
- Start and finish a new project of Expert Level. There is a 50-hour minimum time investment required.
- Teach at least five other people how to crochet.
January, 2008 Edition