Earning Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badges
Stitching & Crafting
17. Ink Slinger
- Read Strunk and White’s The Elements of Style. (The book required for this badge is available on loan from MaryJanesFarm; contact firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- Write a two-page story (500 words) utilizing correct grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Have a friend or family member edit the story and return it to you for corrections.
- Read two how-to books regarding writing short stories, novels, or poetry. Choose your genre: children’s literature, fantasy, mystery, nonfiction, woman’s literary fiction, etc.
- Read two books in the genre you chose.
- Then write at least 20 pages in your chosen genre—this could be 20 pages of poetry, a 20-page short story, 20 pages of nonfiction, or the first 20 pages of your novel.
July, 2011 Edition