Earning Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badges
Stitching & Crafting
- If you don’t know how to quilt, learn.
- Pick a simple pattern like a doll-sized quilt that will help you learn the basics, even just sewing squares together.
- Learn how to add a backing and batting and do simple quilting stitches to hold everything in place.
- Finish your quilting project. There is a three-hour minimum time investment required.
- If you already know how to quilt, teach someone how to quilt the beginner project.
- Continue on your quilting journey, but step up the pace by picking a harder project this time. Try new patterns that tax your sewing ability and push you to new limits.
- Start and finish a new quilting project of intermediate status. There is a 20-hour minimum time investment required.
- Quilt in the company of a friend for a total of five hours.
- You are ready to learn how to be called a quilting queen now! Learn three new techniques and/or patterns.
- Start a new project of Expert Level. There is a 50-hour time investment required.
- This section of the badge can not be earned until you finish your project.
- Teach at least five other people how to quilt.
January, 2015 Edition