Earning Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badges
Stitching & Crafting
1. Sew Wonderful
- Put together a beginner’s sewing kit with a homemade pinkeeper. Include:
- Several different colors of thread
- Straight pins
- Safety pins
- If you already have a sewing kit, make one for a friend that doesn’t.
- Learn how to sew a straight seam both by hand and by machine.
- Learn several different types of seams, including French and flat seams.
- If you already know how to sew these seams, teach someone else how to sew them.
- Sew a BakeOver TakeOver from MaryJane’s Ideabook and gift it to the hostess of the next potluck you attend—with a BakeOver inside for the potluck, of course! (The book required for this badge is available on loan from MaryJanesFarm; contact email@example.com.)
- Sew your own set of hot pads and embroider them using design ideas from MaryJane’s Ideabook.
January, 2015 Edition