Earning Young Cultivator Merit Badges
7. Mmm Chocolate!
- Ask your librarian for a book about the history of chocolate for children. Some suggestions: Smart About Chocolate! by Sandra Markle, No Monkeys, No Chocolate by Melissa Stewart and Alan Young, or Chocolate: Riches from the Rainforest by Robert Burleigh.
- Sample three different types of chocolate: dark, milk, and white. Can you taste the difference with your eyes closed? Which is your favorite?
- Pick out a chocolate recipe to make with your farmgirl mentor.
- Make your chocolate recipe and serve to your family. Tell them about the process of chocolate making while they're sampling.
- Read the book or watch the film, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. Bonus points for doing both.
January, 2018 Edition