Earning Young Cultivator Merit Badges
6. Bovine Buddy
- With the assistance of your mentoring Sister or your parents or grandparents, drive or walk around your town, county, or neighborhood, taking time to admire the cattle in your area.
- Take photos of what you see if you can. If you cannot, then draw pictures of what you saw.
- Find a bovine buddy to adopt. You might do so by asking for help from a neighbor, a farmgirl you know, a local 4-H club, or a relative.
- Write down the breed of your animal and the reason you chose it. Locate a book or find information online about your particular breed of animal.
- Keep a diary on your animal to track expenses and monitor its growth.
- Present or tell all about your animal to your family, school or homeschool club, local Farmgirl Chapter, or Young Cultivators group.
January, 2016 Edition