Earning Young Cultivator Merit Badges
4. Green Thumb Kids
- Try a fruit or vegetable that you would not normally eat. Talk with your mentoring Sister about why you do or don’t like it.
- Identify your favorite fruit or vegetable.
- Visit a local u-pick farm or a farmers’ market. Look for your favorite fruit or vegetable. Discuss why it is or isn’t there and why the organic version is better for you.
- Plant your favorite fruit or vegetable in a garden or in a container (strawberries, peas, and spinach are all easy to grow).
- Learn how to take care of your plant organically. Your reward? Yummy, healthy vegetables!
July, 2011 Edition