Earning Young Cultivator Merit Badges
Make it Easy
- Begin a small collection of beads, string, and other jewelry-making tools. Necklaces might be the easiest, but don't forget about earrings, anklets, bracelets, even belts.
- Make sure your supplies are well-organized. You can separate your things in small, clean baby-food jars, or in plastic bins, or even in a makeup tray or fishing-tackle box.
- Make one necklace, one bracelet, and one pair of earrings.
- Experiment with different types of clasps and string/wire. What is your favorite to work with?
- Make three different types of jewelry projects and give them as gifts.
- Offer your jewelry-making services for a small fee (friends, family, farmers' markets). Use your profits to replenish your bead supply.
January, 2018 Edition