Earning Young Cultivator Merit Badges
Make It Easy
- Listen to three different songs. Try to identify the different instruments that you hear in each.
- If you are older, learn about three of the basic elements of music: rhythm, melody, and harmony. Try to identify each element in the songs you listen to.
- Hand-make an instrument, like a guitar or tambourine, and learn to play it.
- Hold a concert for your family with your new instrument.
- Go to a concert or recital with your Sisterhood mentor, parent, or other family member.
- Afterward, discuss the types of music you heard. What was your favorite song? Why?
January, 2012 Edition