Earning Young Cultivator Merit Badges
Out There Kids
6. How Much is that Doggy in the Window?
- Learn about what makes a good pet for you and your family. Ask around, read books, study. Remember, take allergies into consideration, as well as your space, environment, and time commitment.
- Offer pet-sitting, dog-walking, animal-grooming, or pooper-scooper services.
- Make fliers or posters to advertise your services.
- Once you've had a minimum of five jobs with animals under your belt, journal (or talk) about what you've learned.
- Has the pet you've always dreamed of been overshadowed by one you'd never thought of before? Learn everything you can about your new favorite four-legged friend.
- Now's the time to talk to Mom and Dad. Present a case for why you would like a pet. Remember, if they are not agreeable to your suggestions, you have newfound skills to be around pets whenever you can, with your pet sitting skills and abilities.
January, 2018 Edition