Earning Young Cultivator Merit Badges
Out There Kids
7. Where in the World
- What is geography? (Don't get it confused with geometry.)
- Ask your parents to purchase you a map of the world or a globe, if you don't have one in your house already. Make a point to look at it every day.
- Learn about what cartography is.
- Learn how to use a scale and a key on a map.
- There are lots of online geography games and board games, too. See what you can find and challenge your family to a geographical dual.
- Acquire a penpal in another country (be sure to have your parents supervise). Exchange letters and get to know one another. Make plans to visit each other, even if it's only pretend for now.
- Learn how to geocache. Once you've learned, teach someone else.
January, 2018 Edition