Earning Young Cultivator Merit Badges
Stitching & Crafting
2. Weaving In And Out
- Get three strands of yarn a bit longer than what you need to wrap around your wrist.
You now have a friendship band.
- Tape the three strands together on one end.
- Tape the taped end to a table.
- Braid the three strands together.
- Tie off the ends.
- Now, repeat the beginnerís process creating a second friendship band. This time you are making it for someone that is special to you. Feel free to use different fibers as an experiment.
- Wear the band for a week, sharing what it symbolizes with anyone who asks. Show off your creations to your family, a school or homeschool club, a local Farmgirl Chapter, or a Young Cultivators group by sharing with them to whom you gave your friendship band and why.
January, 2010 Edition